Saturday, April 24, 2010

Just A Spoonful of Sugar...

Helps the medicine go down!

Sometimes things are just much better coated in sugar!! Do you ever feel that way? This week I have been eating a lot of salad and trying trying trying to drop some pounds. Each time I think it's working, I get on the scale and it's a little higher than it should be. I've lost 27 pounds which is great but not great enough. Anyway, to get to the point, I never put sugar on or in anything.

Yesterday I decided to make some fried chicken. (I never fry either, hate the way it smells up the house.) So, I got the batter ready, whole wheat flour, salt, pepper, baking powder. Cooked up the chicken and sat down with my sisters-in-law to enjoy it. My first bite tasted like sugar! The second, wow it was really too sweet. I still can't figure out why it was so sweet. My only conclusion is that the whole wheat has a more sweet taste than regular flour. I don't really know!! Anyway it got me to thinking, how is it that deep fried sesame chicken tastes so good with that sweet sauce all over it and my deep fried whole wheat chicken tasted so, SWEET?

What if this is the cure to all my flour/sugar indulgences? I think I am going to experiment with it. Maybe I'll try some different recipes and see if I can cut out a lot of calories without sacrificing the taste!!

Oh, That Old Thing? YEAH, here I come whole wheat peanut butter cookies!!! And you better believe I will post the recipe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment