Thursday, March 11, 2010

Facelift in Five

I went to ULTA the other day and knew I wanted to try bare minerals, the makeup that is supposed to amazing for every reason! Well when I was sitting there in the chair I decided the powdery mess would never fit into my lifestyle so I chose another packed powder version called Pur Minerals. Let me just say, “WOW!”

The first day I didn’t recognize myself, the second day I felt amazing, wonderful and gorgeous. The third day EVERYBODY noticed me and as one woman asked how I got my makeup to look so fabulous I said, "Oh, that old thing? It was just a quick application on my way to school!"

Now, since we are talking about facelifts I found a way to facelift the house without spending a fortune and without a lot of hard work. It all starts in your bathroom. Take a look at your hardware, the toilet paper holder, towel bar, hand towel ring, and hooks. How do they look? Mine were horrible. They obviously came from the 80’s and were original with the house. I went to Wal-mart and picked up a set of satin chrome hardware for $18.88 I spent about 15 minutes in the bathroom and voila, it looks so good.

There is one thing that will help you that I wish I knew before I started… make sure you have a small screwdriver on hand. I am talking about the little mini kind that’s about 3mm wide. You are going to need it for the tiny little tension screws found on the wall edge of each hardware piece. TRUST ME, it is worth every penny to buy it. BUT if you are really strapped for money you might be able to get away with a kitchen knife. Best of Luck!

2 comments:

  1. I've been using their face wash for about a year and LOVE it! I use their blush too, but haven't yet decided to fork over the dough for the make up kit. Now that I know someone who has tried it...I just might!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kit was $37 for the brush, 4in1 foundation, mineral glow and blush. Plus they usually have a free item with purchase like eye pencil or something worth $16. I've been using mine since I got it and it's gone a long way, I haven't made a dent in my makeup. I look forward to a very long relationship with it!!

    ReplyDelete